With Thanksgiving fast approaching, we as caregivers question...
How can I give thanks for anything?
How can I add anything or anyone else to my already overwhelming schedule?
How will my loved one react to the "chaos" of the holiday?
Will my family appreciate what I am doing/going through?
It is easy to become depressed and overwhelmed. I would like to share what helps me during these special times.
1. Monitor our thoughts - Philippians 4:8-9 "Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true...think on THESE things." Easier said than done, but with God's help we can think on things that are just, pure, lovely.
2. Listen to soothing music. - Psalm 147:7a "Sing unto the Lord with Thanksgiving..." TV is company but music soothes and does not require watching!
3. Be helpful for one reason only - Ephesians 4:32 "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted..." God commands it, it is not a suggestion!
4. Watch a funny movie - Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." Laugh for the fun of it!!
5. Meditate on God's Word - Psalm 1:2 “But his delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law doeth he meditate day and night."
6. Diet and Exercise - WHY?? - I Corinthians 6:19 "...Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit..." We need to eat, drink and stay fit in order to
Fulfill our tasks as God would have us - in attitude and actions!!